Friday 18 January 2013

Django Unchained Review


After watching ’Django unchained’ I couldn’t wait to watch it again the next day. I loved Tarantino’s layers of modern western mixed with the slave theme, of course held together by his recognised violent onslaughts.  I think some of the brutality issues are hard to stomach due to the fact that they most probably did happen, even though I’m used to his movies and enjoy that theme.

It’s not often I see a film in which all the actors are believable, but this one has to be that rare case with Christoph Waltz stealing the show. Everything was thought about so carefully to create the most realistic of films.


At two hours forty five minutes it is a long film, with so many points that could be the ending, however it just seems to go on until finally Django has his justice and there is a real ending, as well as multiple bloody fights to the death just as we would expect with Quentin.

I have to say this is a film I have enjoyed tremendously, however it doesn’t follow much of a historical outline, instead a two man battle for justice.

Although I did notice the girl with the red scarf, this may be because all of Tarantino’s films are all set in the same universe and have interlinking characters between films. Or this may be because the girl is played by Zoe Bell, who is normally a stunt actress, for which she must hide her face.  However, in ‘Deathproof’ she played more of a main part in which she had to show her face and so this could be her concealing her face again as an inside joke between the cast and crew.

I recommend this film highly, but be warned those who are queasy and have a low tolerance for bad language and racism, a harsh truth of old America.

No comments:

Post a Comment